Lampstand believes that powerfully told stories change the world. Our goal is to engage our audience with captivating visual films that are passionately and excellently told, and move audiences to action. When you join the award winning Lampstand team, you will be joining a team that has experience telling these stories on some of the largest stages; from nationally broadcast feature-length documentaries featured on outlets ranging from Netflix, PBS, and film festivals worldwide, to short promotional films for international and local non-profits, and some of the largest brands and corporations in the world.
We’re looking for an editor that wants to join our growing and talented team in Oklahoma City to use their creative expertise and experience to impact the world. Are you that editor?
We are looking for a full-time editor who wants his/her work to impact lives through powerful storytelling. We want someone who sees their work as a tool to create stories that move people to action.
As a close-knit team, we are seeking someone who not only works well with others, but also strives to be a great team member.
We’re looking for someone who shares our desire to grow in our craft and readily gives and receives constructive criticism for the good of the story and the growth of the team.
This individual should be someone with a strong ability to build a story based off of the direction and goals given to them by the project lead. It is essential that this person be well organized and detail oriented.
- A natural-born storyteller who applies their skills to editing decisions
- Cares as much about getting details right as finishing the project
- Keeps project files organized, and follows established file structure and procedures.
- Takes and gives critiques in a constructive way with teammates, and collaborates with others effectively and efficiently
- Willing to play any role necessary to produce a successful project
- Utilizes footage to tell cohesive, captivating stories from concept to completion.
- Driven to learn and grow in their craft
- Looks for ways the editing team can grow and tell better stories
- Feels comfortable asking for help or guidance when needed
- Using creative concepts established during production, produce finished videos that meet the goals and expectations provided by the client and Lampstand leadership team
- Produce finished cuts with varying input from producers and other editors
- Assist in file organization and archiving
- Pull assets from archives
- Participate in creative meetings
- Occasionally work as crew or camera operator on shoots
- Demonstrable experience in story-driven editing
- Competency with Premiere Pro and After Effects
- The ability to interact and engage with a client
- Minimum of five years professional experience (or surprise us!)
- Must be willing to work onsite in Oklahoma City at Lampstand’s studio on historic Film Row.
All applicants are asked to email a resume along with a link to examples of work. These examples should be demonstrative of the applicant’s ability as an editor and storyteller. Reels are acceptable, but your work examples must reflect your ability to tell a story in the edit.